Thursday, November 17, 2011

Believe me, I am still alive. Also, I won things!

I've been away from Blogger so long that I typed "blooger.com" into the address bar to get here. That's depressing. There are many reasons why I haven't been updating lately, and I'd write all about them... except they all boil down to one single solitary thing: I am a very busy lady!

And I have some news! First off, I'll just briefly mention that, back in September, I was featured on the Team Fortress 2 blog after I made a cake based off of one of their in-game health packs in celebration of their 15th birthday. Being a huge Valve fan, I blushed many a flattered blush at the mention. I'm very happy that they liked it!

But here's where it gets even better: I made an animated video for USA.gov's Help Answer The Public's Questions Competition, where contestants had to create a 60 to 90 second short to help answer people's questions about different U.S. government benefits and services. Having valiantly accepted the challenge, I donned my magical animation hat and whipped up an informational video about tax returns. Not only was I included in the five winning entries, but I also got a thousand dollars out of the deal. Not too bad, huh?

You wish to see this video of mine, you say? Well, I've embedded it here for your viewing pleasure! Hopefully you'll be entertained, and maybe learn a thing or two while viewing it.


How To Check The Status of Your Tax Refund: An Animated Guide from Maz Zolp on Vimeo.


Otherwise, like I said, I've been whirling around in a tornado of busyness. I'm currently working on a bunch of top secret amazing projects, and when I'm able to, I'll tell you all about it here! In the meantime, I'll try to post up some more artwork and fun, super cool stuff. As always, stay tuned!

No comments: