Sunday, April 6, 2014

Some Figure Drawing Plus Post-Animation Mentor Madness

...alright, the title of this post is a little backwards. I'm going to talk about the Animation Mentor stuff first. I finally completed all six classes of the Character Animation program. Hurrah! It was a grueling year and a half long process which, despite the fact that it was grueling, was incredibly fun. I have the material for a demo reel, but I'm going to take a little more time to refine it and get it to the quality that I'd really like it to be. And I know, I've been focusing more on animating than updating my blog (but I mean, like, what kind of uncool person still uses Blogger, like, ohmigosh, totally lame, right?) but be on the lookout for my completed reel sometime later this year. I'd like to practice and try my hand out at some of the challenges over at the 11 Second Club, so that might push back my reel progress. Either way, yes, just stay tuned for that.

Onto the figure drawing portion of this post: I found out about an open figure drawing class not too far from my house. Seeing as though I haven't actually done figure drawing since probably the last time I actually posted some of my figure drawing, and since I'm now taking a gesture drawing class, I figured it'd be a good idea to enroll myself and get some practice in.


And I have to say, it was a really awesome session (and I'm so sad that I wasn't able to finish shading that top left pose... it was definitely my favorite)! I thought it'd be challenging to get back into the groove of things, but once I got my paper onto the easel and started off with the first charcoal stroke, it was a smooth transition back into drawing large-scale. I still need more practice though! I also found out about a couple of other sessions happening somewhere else nearby, which is absolutely fantastic. It's hard to find really good figure drawing classes where I live.

I've been doing a couple of other tiny things in the meantime (mostly voice acting and small little graphic designs/illustrations), so once those are done I'll make sure to post them here. I'm also always updating my portfolio which you can view here (or if you're looking at my website right now, just click where it says "My Portfolio").

No comments: